Every one of us aspires to own our dream home someday, and if condominiums in the Philippines have exotic and luxurious amenities, so can ours. We asked a group of working-class Filipinos what feature they would want to include in their home if they had the money to splurge. Here is what they said:
1. Home theater with a refreshments’ corner
A complete movie theater experience always comes with a tub of popcorn and your favorite soft drinks.
– Marvin Santos, Editor
Dipping in the pool while watching my favorite TV series? Yes!
– Jas Garcia, Sales Agent
2. Fully equipped fitness gym
It’s time for a serious workout.
– Chicco Merde, Product Engineer
3. Bowling alley
That hallway is the perfect space to practice my bowling skills and become the next Paeng Nepomuceno.
– Peter San Isidro, Retail Sales Associate
4. A secret library room
This special place where bookworms like me can read to their heart’s content without being disturbed.
– Eliza Marcos, Customer Service Representative
5. Game room for him
It’s game on in this man cave. Do not enter!
– Roy Antonio, Human Resources administrator
6. Fancy walk-in closet for her
Because I’m more Imeldific than the former first lady, and really love shopping.
– Lorraine Lopez, PR Manager
7. Sun roof in your bedroom
I fancy being an armchair astronomer. With a sun roof, I can have my own planetarium ceiling. Rain or shine, you’ll get to enjoy the experience sleeping underneath the sky.
– Don de Jesus, Web developer
8. Music room
Every music lover’s dream studio.
– Jade Lim, Writer
9. Indoor wave pool
I want to enjoy the summer #beachfeels right in the comfort of my home, all without the crowd.
– Leo Ramos, Social Media Specialist
I like a touch of whimsical in my pool, so why not put in a swing?
– Ira Hipolito, Freelance
10. Modern garage for your cool wheels
Automatic. Underground. Lift. Parking. Need I say more?
– Leanne Co, Marketing Manager